I am reviewing my Baubax Travel Jacket Sweatshirt (Creative Lifestyle) that I got for Christmas as a surprise from my husband. This review is not sponsored fyi. I have worn this travel coat on two airplanes since then. Whether you travel for work or fly for leisure, let’s POP in for a full review.
15 features of this travel jacket with a built-in stylus, neck pillow, eye mask, gadget pockets, and even a drink holder pocket.
4 styles of jackets; I prefer the sweatshirt because more than the 15 features of this travel jacket is that it keeps me warm while in-flight. There is a heaviness to it. But they have a vest version, a windbreaker as well as a thicker coat. Baubax Travel Jackets come in sizes for men and women.
Cons: Baubax Travel Jackets run small
They run out quickly and take weeks to produce more – for Christmas mine was too small. They did not have my size in any of the women’s style so I ordered a small in the mens’ sizes and I love it.
But I really wanted the light blue color sweatshirt that the women’s options.
Another negative from Baubax is no free returns or exchanges. For as high quality and high price tag for this travel jacket, I expect free returns and exchanges.
It’s really expensive. So critics say it’s just an over priced jacket with pockets. But their placement and thought process is helpful for airline travelers.
The head pillow is not super taut; since you fly upright, I want a neck pillow that I can lean on from the side. So it needs to be thick. I would also only pack this on a long haul flight abroad.
As an airline employee’s spouse, we fly world-wide and often. I want ease and efficiency in airports.
1) Going through security is faster and no hassle. Your travel gear and accessories mostly fit in one jacket.
Passport and airplane ticket fit in a pocket.
Phone fits in pocket
iPad fits inside pocket
Power bank fits in a pocket (but I’d store mine in a carryon bag)
2) I like that so many of the pockets zip, and for travel abroad, we want to hide our personal belongings.
3) Neck pillow has a one press deflation and an easy way to inflate it. You inflate the neck pillow with one breath and gently press the flap to instantly deflate it. The travel jacket comes with the neck pillow in your hood, but it’s way too bulky even though it’s deflated. So I recommend storing it inside a pocket or in your carryon bag.
4) Storage for earphones if you are walking through the airport like a cool teenager listening to music on your headphones. Store them in two loops, place your phone in the zipped pocket. You can quickly take out one headphone to talk to the flight attendant, but look at the no-stress part: you just drop the ear bud. No more looking for it between the airplane seats. Hassle free!
I’ve shared some of my travel hacks in my most recent post, and one of them is about headphones.
Pause it: here’s the link to the cutest airplane shirt people have asked me about.
5) Store sunglasses in another loop on this travel jacket. But once I enter the airport I store my sunglasses in my carryon bag until I’m at my vacation destination.
6) Love the built in eye mask. Note that this built in does not completely and tightly cover your eyes, but this flap does shield some of the brightness.
7) Drink cup section? Hahaha, cracks me up. But have you seen the size of the tray tables.
Saves space! When I use my laptop on the airplane, it takes up all my space. I recommend zipping your coat before inserting the soda can because the pocket is more taut.
8) Being cold on an airplane is such a hassle so I appreciate the extra soft pockets to warm my hand. I appreciate the hood’s warmth, and I love the built-in gloves (now if Baubax could only invent a foot warmer for when I’m wearing sandals on a flight). If you own a Baubax travel jacket, you may want to get the blanket because there’s a pocket for that!
If you want warmth, get the sweatshirt. If you might get wet in the elements, get the Baubax windbreaker or vest.
At first I thought the built-in travel pillow stayed in your hood, but with only one button hole, you take it out and expand it in one breath. It also deflates with one tap of the anti-locking flap.
I hope this review helps you make a more informed decision. Efficient travels to you!
Other posts you may be interested in:
I occasionally use affiliate links, and all opinions are of course honest ones.